CGSS is an ACAMS certification that equips an organization’s workforce with a credential that represents a serious commitment to compliance with sanctions, in a world of increasingly complex laws, regulations, and policies. CGSS is global, allowing multinational institutions to strategically and uniformly apply the same program for all global employees. Become CGSS-certified and demonstrate to regulators a strong commitment to compliance in sanctions, as CAMS (the gold standard in AML certification) demonstrates to AML compliance.
CGSS enables organizations to tap into the diverse, international global network of ACAMS, the world’s largest membership organization dedicated to enhancing the knowledge and skills of financial crime prevention professionals.
- Understand the restrictive measures imposed by sanctions, their purpose, and how they are introduced.
- Clear and analytical approach when faced with restrictive measures imposed by sanctions.
- Knowledgeable on organizations that issue and enforce sanctions, and individuals, countries and entities that are subject to sanctions.
- Detailed understanding of the risks of non-compliance.
- Knowledge to embed sanctions compliance into risk assessment and compliance programs, and training.
- Identify common methods that sanctioned targets use to evade sanctions.
- Differentiate between AML risk and sanctions risk.
- Perform sanctions due diligence to ensure that the institution is not conducting business with sanctioned parties.
CGSS equips individuals with the necessary skills critical for, and not limited to, the following roles
ACAMS Examination Preparation Seminar Saturday 29/10/2022 from 10:00am to 5:00 pm.
- Candidate will chose the exam date and timing during the period (30/10-3/12/2022)
- CGSS examination consists of 100 multiple choice questions (Arabic exams).
- Different pass/fail rate.
- The CGSS exam will have two types of questions: multiple choice questions with one correct answer, and multiple response questions that have two or three correct answers.
- Test takers will have 175 minutes to complete the CGSS Examination.
- The score is displayed upon submission of examination. An email will be sent with score to candidates shortly after having submitted your examination.
Candidates wishing to sit for the CGSS Examination must:
- Filling the online application.
- Candidates who wish to take the CGSS Examination must have a minimum of 40 qualifying credits based on education, other professional certification, and/or professional experience in the sanctions or financial crime compliance field. The following table represents the ACAMS credit award system for examination eligibility.
Taking the CGSS Examination
The CGSS examination consists of 100 multiple choice and multiple response questions. The exam includes unscored questions, which are included to gather statistical information. These unscored questions are not identified on the exam and do not impact your score. To obtain the CGSS certification, candidates must answer a minimum of 62.5% of the scored questions correctly. All candidates have 175 minutes to complete the exam.
Duration of Exam
Exam pass Mark
Type of Traning
The fees, will include the following benefits:
- Registration for the CGSS certificate.
- Getting CGSS study guide hard and soft copy, Getting access to online practice questions through the candidate portal.
- Attending the CGSS training program (37 training hour).
- Attending the ACAMS Examination Preparation Seminar (7 training hour).
- Online examination - the examination will be held from home. Noting that IBS is accredited testing center from ACAMS (in order to preventive measure to protect the participants from the repercussions of the covid-19 pandemic).
- One-year membership with ACAMS.
- The E-certificate and accreditation from the ACAMS (if the participant pass the exam).
- Program attending certificate logos (if the participant’s absences did not exceed 20%).
Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS) / USA